Students,
I see that a few people have not turned in this last week’s assignment. I understand that life can get away from us. We are using Blackboard and WordPress – you might wonder what is due when. It’s all in a table in the syllabus.

Furthermore, there is a section of the syllabus that clearly covers the possibility that you will be dropped for not participating in class. In this case it means turning in assignments. This is the section to which I am referring:

Your instructor follows the University of Alaska Fairbanks Incomplete Grade Policy: “The letter “I’ (Incomplete) is a temporary grade used to indicate that the student has satisfactorily completed (C or better) the majority of work in a course but for personal reasons beyond the student’s control, such as sickness, he has not been able to complete the course during the regular semester. Negligence or indifference are not acceptable reasons for an “I’ grade.’

Successful, timely completion of this course depends on committing yourself early and maintaining your effort. To this end, this course adheres to the following UAF eCampus Procedures:

• The first contact assignment (1. Introduction) is due in the first week of instruction. Failure to submit this assignment within the first two weeks of the course could result in withdrawal from the course.
  • The first content assignment (2. HTML doc 1)  is due one week after the first day of instruction. Failure to submit this assignment within the first two weeks of the course could result in withdrawal from the course.
  • Failure to submit the first three content assignments (Assignments 2, 3 and 4) by the deadline for faculty-initiated withdrawals (the ninth Friday after the first day of classes) could result in instructor initiated withdrawal from the course (W).  Alternately, failure to submit three consecutive assignments before the withdrawal drop date may result in an instructor initiated withdrawal (W).

Prof. Janene